Peacock


Dress // ASOS 
Tulle Skirt // ASOS (also here)
Purse // c/o Migato (similar here & here)
Heels // thanks to Sante Shoes
Belt // ZARA (old, similar here)
Earring // Vintage (similar herehere)




For my outfits, I get inspired by almost anything; a movie or a book, a photo, a memory, a color or a pattern, even a bird or an animal and the list goes on forever. Today's inspo was the unique beauty of a peacock's tail!

Peacocks are such extraordinary creatures. Technically speaking, according to National Geographic, only males are peacocks - females are peahens (sounds logical). Their tail feathers spread out in a distinctive train and boast colorful "eye" markings of blue, green, gold, red, and other hues. The large train is used in mating rituals and courtship displays. Females are believed to choose their mates according to the size, color, and quality of these outrageous feather trains.

The dress looked lovely as it was, but in order to look like a peacock's tail in display, I figured that a tutu skirt would do the job for me! I was stunned by the outcome, it was way better than I could imagine. I accessorized it with a velvet clutch in electric blue, lace-up heels and one large hoop earring with green-almost-black feathers.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke